penyokong. (sokonglah rusa!)

Thursday, September 4, 2014

A Friend of 10 Years


First Year:
You called me 'syiling terbakar'. How rude was that even though the truth was there. I got burnt (very tanned) skin as a result of walking home from school during mid day for many years since primary school. I hated you so much and always avoided to bump into you. I could slap you in the face if I had the guts to do so.

Second Year:
You always seek for my help in maths. I am not so good in maths either, but at least I passed in every exam, unlike you. One day I decided to ignore you when you came to me for maths because you annoyed me earlier, and you just grunted slowly and walked away. We hadn't talk since. For months.

Third Year:
We were falling apart after we made up at the end of second year. Couldn't figure out the reason. I started a new gang. And you did too.

Fourth Year:
I guessed you didn't know that I was transferred to another school because we barely spoke to each other. I only had the chance to swap momento with a friend of yours. I didn't have the chance to even say farewell to you. Surprisingly months after that, you regularly called and texted me every month. You were also transferring to another school.

Fifth Year:
The calls and texts keep on going regularly.

Sixth Year:
I started my part-time job and barely made time for myself. Once in a while you came to my workplace with a friend of yours to see me. Months later, we received offers from different institute to further study. Once again, we were falling apart.

Seventh Year:
I didn't know you. You didn't know me.

Eighth Year:
You found me. We made up again. But you were different. So did I.

Ninth Year:
We barely talk to each other.

Tenth Year:
Things get complicated. We often bumped into each other, but got pretty awkward to hold on a conversation. I got complicated, not you. I changed and become complicated. You just changed as we grow up.

No comments: